Monday, July 25, 2011

We thank thee O God for a Prophet!

Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to be amongst the living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. You see his granddaughter Laurie is in my ward and she had a baby a few months ago so it was time to bless the baby. The chapel was quiet as he made his way to the podium. He spoke with such a sweet spirit and told us of his love for our ward. He spoke with such love as his expressed gratitude for his sweet wife Francis. After he finished his remarks we sang the closing hymn, We thank Thee O God for a prophet. The spirit was so rich and strong. I always knew he was a Prophet of God, but the spirit bore a powerful reassuring witness that he was in fact the Lord's prophet. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to sing thanks to my Father in Heaven for the Latter Day Prophet, who was sitting before me. I love and sustain the Prophet and I feel very fortunate to have been in his presence.

1 comment:

  1. That is the coolest thing ever! What an incredible experience to be in the presence of a prophet of God! You will remember that forever :)

    ReplyDelete