Friday, December 7, 2012

Never take life for granted.

Never take life for granted, something I have heard repeatedly throughout my life. But it never really sunk in and hit me deep down like it did this last week. I learned that it shouldn't take moments of despair and impact to make us realize how blessed we are. I have also realized the true importance of making sure you tell your loved ones you love them every single day. The Lord blesses each of us every single day, but it is up to us to appreciate these blessings and not take them for granted. The experiences that we go through make us better and stronger individuals, especially if we can learn and continue to become better people because of them. I am so grateful for all the Lord has seen fit to bless me with in my life. I have always known I was grateful for these things, but this last week I was reminded that I may have been taking them for granted. I know a few posts ago I posted about a lot of these things, but these are a few of the many things the Lord has blessed me with, that I want to be sure to never take for granted.

[My family]
I honestly can say I have the best family any girl could ask for. We are not perfect, probably the farthest thing from that but we stick together no matter what. My parents are rockstars, they set an example of how to we should live and love. My siblings are the cream of the crop and I love them each so much, including my new sister Lindsey.

[My grandparents]
They are some of the sweetest people you will ever meet. My grandpa has always been an extraordinary example of hard work. That man will die with a shovel in his hands. My grandma, seems to always have the right words to say. As I have gotten older I have become closer with them and I am so thankful for the relationship I have with them.

[My friends]
These are just some of the few people that keep me grounded. Help me when I feel like the world is caving in and are there to laugh with me until I can't feel my stomach. I could call anyone of my friends at anytime of the day and they would be there to help me.

[My Savior. The Gospel]
I would be nothing without a loving Savior that is patient with my as I make mistakes over and over. I am so thankful for the Atonement, it really is a chance to become one with the Savior. I have felt its power in my life. The knowledge the gospel gives brings so much hope to my life. I am constantly reminded by people surrounding me, how grateful I am to know that God lives and He loves me unconditionally, and that I can be with my family forever.

Now that I have spilled my heart out for the night, I will stop writing and get back to studying for finals. But I just needed to take a moment to publicly be thankful for the moments, people and knowledge that I so often taken for granted.


Till after finals, adios blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment