Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day to Always Remember

  Ten years ago today, it was just another day and I was getting ready for school when I heard my mom yell my name for me to come to her room. I ran into her room and saw on the Tv that there had been a plane that crashed into one of the twin tower buildings. I didn't fully understand what was going on, but my Mom started to cry, just as I was going to ask what was going on the second plane crashed into the second plane. I couldn't understand why this was happening,who would do it, and what would happen next. 
  The time came and it was time for me to go to school. Once I got to school all the teachers in the school had turned on the news. We sat and watched the live footage of what was going on in New York. Once school got out I rushed home to talk to my parents. The Tv was on all night as we watched and waited for news on the attack. When I talked to my Mom and Dad they had explained to me that we had been attacked and that things would never be the same. From that day on I saw American pride that I had never seen before.
  Here we are 10 years later , I understand even more than I did when it happened. As hard and as horrific as the events were I have learned so much from them and have come to realize what is most important in life. I have gained such an appreciation for the many Men and Women who have fought and continue to fight for our freedom. I am especially grateful for the people I know in my own life that have helped fight for our freedom. I am proud to be an American, to live in this incredible country. That Day in September was a day that we as Americans will always remember, probably one of the only times in the worlds history that we all turned to God, no matter what race, color, creed or religion. May we always remember the events of this day and the feelings we felt. 
May we always remember that September 11, 2011 was a Day to Always Remember.
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

No comments:

Post a Comment