Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall is here

Summer has come and gone and now it is one of my favorite times of year, Fall. I love the leaves falling, the colors, the crisp air, the need for a light jacket and of course football filled weekends. So far Fall has not failed me and it has been great. I look forward to getting to the end of each week so I can watch my brother, the Utes and any other football that happens to be on. A few highlights and things that have been going on in my head and in my life lately.

Sarah and I started her birthday weekend off by going to Luke Bryan's concert out at USANA. It was amazing! The two openers were both good and then Luke came on and made the night even better. He is definitely easy on the eyes... and he can definitely shake it! The next night went down to the BYU vs Utah Game. Going to games with Sar are always a good time. It was fun to go down to Lavell Edwards for the first time and even better that we beat the Cougs again, for the fourth time in the last 4 years.
I had the chance to go down to St George this last weekend to see my good friend Chelsea's baby be blessed. He is the stinkin' cutest baby. I fell in love before I even picked him up for the first time. While in St George I had time to meet with old friends, and more importantly make it over to the temple. The timing of this trip, and the timing of making it to the temple worked out perfectly. I was able to spend some alone time thinking, pondering and praying my heart out. With no time obligations I spent some much needed down time at the temple.             
The past few months the Lord has taught me so much, waiting patiently through each lesson for me to figure it out. I know that our Father in Heaven is aware, not only is He aware but He knows. He knows us, He knows us individually. He knows our wants, our needs, our fears, our potential and our desires. I know this because I have grown closer to my Savior then ever before. Building a relationship that is personal and sacred to me.

One lesson that the Lord has been teaching me the last year of my life and even more so lately is having  faith and trusting in His will. At times it becomes so easy to become proud, thinking we know what is best for us, more importantly for our lives. Knowing we have our agency, the Lord allows us to choose the path we take each day. Thankfully He is there to make up the difference in our lives if we allow Him to. Sometimes even when our thoughts, ideas and motives are righteous and good the Lord has other things in store. But He will never push things onto us, we must faithfully submit to His will, then the blessings come. It is not always easy and it may not always be in the plan we have for ourselves, but it is, in the end what will make us the happiest, do us the most good and help us to become all the Father wants us to become. I know that when we can humbly and full heartedly submit to His will with faith, He can make us happier than we ever imagined. It is just that first step of faith, into the darkness and unknown and from there He will guide us and carry us to where we need to be.

 I know that life can be rough and everyone comes with their own trials and tribulations. We all have our own Gethsemane's, but luckily we never have to do it alone. I feel a spirit of gratitude and love for my Father in Heaven, for His awareness of me individually and His unfailing faith in me. I cannot imagine my life without knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ, I am incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment